Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Keep it up Babe!!

Ok so I have to brag about my hubby once again.  Wow it seems like I've been doing that a lot lately, but it's definitely things worth bragging about.  I got home today from volleyball and Bryce let me know that we (meaning Bryce) had just received the SMART grant!!!!!  WAHOOO!!!!  This is such a huge blessing.  The grant is $2000 a semester.  In order to qualify for the grant students have to be enrolled in the third and fourth years of bachelor's degree programs who are pursuing majors in mathematics, science, technology, engineering, a foreign language determined to be critical to national security, or a qualifying liberal arts curriculum determined by the U.S. Secretary of Education. Eligible students receive $4,000 per year. The SMART grant (Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent) was created to encourage more students to pursue degrees in high-demand areas. Ha ha I did not just write that little bit of information but I just copied and pasted it off of the SMART grant web-site.  I figured it would be more accurate coming from their mouths then mine.  ha ha But anyways, Bryce is majoring in Spanish and minoring in Biology so he was able to qualify for the grant.  We are so blessed to have gotten that. 

Now there's one more thing that was really exciting tonight.  Bryce got on the ISU website to check his grades in his classes and it said that his Microbiology grade had been posted.  On Monday Bryce took 3 tests; Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, and a Physics test.  Holy cow that's a lot and in super hard classes!!!  He already found out that he got a 96 on his anat. and phys. test and he hasn't found out about his Physics test yet.  Anyways,  out of the 3 tests he felt like he did the worst on Microbiology and didn't think he did a great job.  He was nervous to look at his score and so I said I would check it out for him . . . . come to find out he got a 95%!!!!!  Oh my gosh, really!?! And he thought he did bad on it. ha ha He's such a dork . . . but a smart and cute one.  All I know is Heavenly Father must want Bryce to be a doctor because He is sure helping him get good grades this semester.  It's pretty stressful because Bryce basically needs to get straight A's from here on out if he wants to have a chance to go to medical school.  So we're praying pretty hard that he will be able to do well in school and thankfully Heavenly Father is answering our prayers.  We've been extremely blessed and are so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father. 




No comments:

Post a Comment