Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Walking

Naomi took her first steps to her Uncle Blake!  
On Monday, April 8.

What a lucky guy.  
I came home from school
and we were playing with her on the ground.
I stood her up and faced her towards Blake.
He held something out to her and she
took about three steps and then fell.
After that I kept trying to get her to 
walk until she was sobbing uncontrollably.
I think she's a little bit of a drama queen.
And I think I may be a little bit overaggressive. 

Nonetheless, 
I'm pretty sure she was traumatized,
because since then she has shown
no intention of walking.
Whoops.
Hopefully, she will forget
the terrible experience
soon and start walking again :)

Congrats Baby Girl!! 
You are walking
at 12 months and 2 weeks old.

This is a cute video of Mimi and
Grammy playing with Braydn's
teddy bear.



And yes, that was
the amazing Mormon Tabernacle Choir
singing in the background
during General Conference.
I love listening to them.
And the talks given were divinely
inspired by our Heavenly Father.
Elder Holland's talk was my favorite.
His words struck my heart.
My faith has been a faltering a little bit lately.
My heart burned inside when I heard these words:
"What was once a tiny seed of belief for me has grown into the tree of life, so if your faith is a little tested in this or any season, I invite you to lean on mine . . . fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe."

You can listen to his talk here.

This is my goal for the next 3 months.
I am going to fan the flame of my faith
that I am going to desperately
need when we continue on our
unpredictable, scary, exciting new
journey ahead of us this upcoming summer.




1 comment: