Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Sunday, January 29, 2012

7 Weeks Left

Wow, I need to get better at writing on my blog.  I tend to go through phases.  Sometimes I write on my blog way too much and sometimes not enough.  Lately, it's definitely not very much.  I don't have any excuse for it either.  I am only taking 6 credits and coaching a club volleyball team.  So my life is not super chaotic at all.  In fact, it has been soooooo nice only taking 2 classes.  It keeps me busy, but not too busy.  I am thankful for that, especially because these last couple weeks of my pregnancy I haven't felt great. I'm not throwing up or anything so it is not like I've been that sick.  I just get really bad headaches and feel like I'm going to throw up and pass out.  Actually, I almost did on Saturday but thankfully I didn't.  Bryce and I went and played racquetball at Reed's Gym on Saturday for about an hour.  Towards the end I started feeling dizzy and lightheaded so I sat down for a few minutes.  I got back up and played for about 10 more minutes before I started feeling nauseous, dizzy, and lightheaded.  On our way out everything got really bright and I started seeing black spots everywhere.  I probably would have passed out, but thankfully Bryce was there for me to lean on.  Once we got home I took a nap and afterwards felt much better.  It's really frustrating and annoying when this happens because I can't control it and I feel like such a wimp.  I'm just glad that I'm not super busy with school so when I do feel like this I can lay down and take a nap.

I am now 33 weeks and only have 7 more weeks left!!  I can't believe we're actually going to have a baby here by the end of March.  I know that there's a baby inside of me, but at the same time it just feels like I'm always going to be pregnant and it's never going to end.  So the fact that we're going to be parents in such a short amount of time is a little overwhelming and nerve wracking.  You would think I would have my head wrapped around all this since I've had almost 9 months to prepare.  But in fact I don't feel any more prepared now than the day we found out I was pregnant.   Actually it's all starting to sink in that I am going to be a mom and I'm realizing that I have no idea what I'm doing!!  I'm kind of panicking.  I try to calm down by reminding myself that I may be clueless about motherhood, but one thing that's certain is that this little girl is loved. Over the past few weeks she has increased her movement and so I am able to feel her move every day.  It has been the most enjoyable part of this pregnancy and I fall in love with this girl more and more every time she moves.  Because of her movement I feel a connection with her sweet spirit and it's like I already know her. 

This may sound silly, but I can already tell that she has a little bit of me and Bryce inside of her.  Sometimes she is feisty and shows some definite attitude.  Unfortunately, she gets this from her momma.  Then there are times where she goes crazy for a few seconds and it reminds me of her daddy.  One example of her being feisty was this last weekend when I was in Utah with my family for a club volleyball tournament.  I was sharing a bed with Braydie and we were laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep.  She was starting to move and I wanted Braydn to feel her.  So Braydn and I both started prodding her by rubbing my stomach to wake her up.  Brayd was poking and pushing pretty hard on my stomach and running her hand across my belly.  As Brayd moved her hand across the top of my stomach our little girl followed her hand and then all of a sudden popped Braydn so hard!!  I have never felt her hit me so hard.  It scared us both and Braydn squealed. It was as though she was telling us to knock it off!!  It was the funniest thing.  After that we stopped bugging her and within a minute she stopped moving inside of me.  She definitely has some attitude and knows when she wants to be left alone. 

There are times where she will go crazy inside of me and it reminds me of her dad.  I like to tease Bryce because he will be studying for a long time and will need to take 5-10 minutes to play and get his wiggles out.  During those 10 minutes he goes crazy and is bouncing off the walls.  He is a little boy again and wants to do all these crazy, energetic activities.  For example, one thing he will do is jump on the bed so his stomach hits the bed and then he will try and flip in the air and do a 360 before landing on the bed again.  I don't know if this makes sense, but it's pretty funny to watch.  Well, sometimes inside my stomach I feel like our little girl is having a crazy moment and is trying to bust out of my stomach.  She will freak out and start moving 100 mph.  My stomach looks like it is having spasms.  It doesn't last very long, but it's pretty funny to watch.  When this occurs she is definitely having a Bryce moment and just needs to get all her wiggles out. 

It has been lots of fun to get to know this little girl while inside of me.  It makes me really excited and anxious to meet her.  I have been taking pictures along the way to see the transformation of my stomach.  I don't really like to show people because I feel a little self conscious but I'll share a few.  Just don't make fun of me.  I am already well aware that I am large with child :)  Well I'm off to bed so I'll talk to ya later!!

This was when I was only 9 weeks
31 Weeks
 32 Weeks (I know, I know . . . I had to take a 
cheesy picture with a heart on my stomach haha
Whitney made me)
33 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment