Wow, 2011 is over!! It's crazy to me how fast time flies. Our three week break has been amazing and was a great way to end the year. We loved being home and being with our families. I'm usually the annoying person taking pictures, but this year I didn't take any. So there aren't any pictures, but we had a great time. We were able to make sugar cookies with the Rhodehouse's a few days before Christmas, we went to the Bartschi Christmas party (where there was lots of yummy food and we laughed the night away with all of the cousins), and then had fun reenacting the birth of our Savior with the whole family at my Grandma and Grandpa Kunz's on Christmas Eve. On Christmas day we went to first ward for church. I played the piano for Tyler, Bear, and Porter as they sang a beautiful song about Christ. After church we opened presents with my family and had egg souffle and berkamusley (I have no idea how to spell it). We all got spoiled and had a great morning. Then we went over and opened presents with Rhodehouse's, where we were spoiled once again! We ran back to my house for a couple hours and were able to visit with Kade on Skpe for an hour. It was amazing talking to him. He sounded great and is doing such a good job. We went back and visited with the Rhodehouse's till they left for Burley and then went to Nanny and Poppy's for the remainder of the night. It was a great Christmas and I am so thankful for all the generous gifts our parents and grandparents gave us.
The rest of the break was spent being lazy . . . and I'm not exaggerating. I'm embarrassed to say this, but I would not be showered and ready for the day until two or three p.m. Most nights we would stay up till 2 watching movies and shows and then would sleep in till 11. Tough life I know :) On Monday, day after Christmas, we were able to spend the evening with Nanny, Poppy, and Tyler. We went to the movie, War Horse. After the movie we went and ate at Costa Vida. It was such a great night and I loved hanging out with my grandma, grandpa, and uncle Ty. I feel bad though because I think the food at Costa Vida made Bryce sick and he was sick for the next two days. On Tuesday he was throwing up and had a fever. We laid low and just spent the evening at the house while my family went to a movie. On Friday Blair was able to come home after work and we spent the evening playing games with the Rhodehouse's. We played, "Ticket to Ride" and it was a lot of fun. Then For New Year's Eve we split up the night. We spent the first half with Rhodehouse's. We were able to have delicious food and talk about 2011. Then we spent the last half at Nanny and Poppy's playing Rook and watching The Help. It was such a fun night, except for losing to Caitlyn and Tyler in Rook, and had fun welcoming in the new year.
The last week of our break has been spent in Pocatello. Bryce has been working on his research project and I have been studying for the Praxis II exam. Bryce had to (I'm warning you this is kind of gross) slice up 14 mice brains and put them on microscope slides. It's a very tedious process. I went to the lab with him on Wednesday and saw how he does it. The brains were put into wax and he has to slice tiny slivers until he gets the piece of the brain he wants for the slide. Once he has the sliver of the brain that he wants he puts it in water and then places it on the microscope slide. He then melts the wax onto the slide by placing it on a heater. Slicing the piece of wax with the brain is the most tedious part. It was pretty cool to see what he was doing in the lab. He tells me all about it, but it doesn't really make sense until actually seeing it.
As for me, I have been studying my brains out for this stupid Praxis test. I was really worried because I have to pass this test in order to do my student teaching. And if I don't pass it I have to take it again and pay another $120. So I was feeling lots of pressure. Well, I took it on Friday and Heavenly Father helped me out a lot because I passed it!!! I was tested in Reading and Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science. There were 30 questions for all four areas. I did terrible in the Social Studies and Science sections, which I knew I would because I'm terrible at that kind of stuff. I was pretty excited though because I got 29/30 right on the Language Arts section and 28/30 in the Mathematics section. I knew my L.A. would be pretty good because that's my area of specialty. However, math is NOT!! I am not good at math and it's definitely not my favorite subject. I don't know how I did it, but somehow I only got 2 wrong in that section. Bryce and I were shocked!! I can't believe I did that well in math. I know it's only because Heavenly Father was helping me. I asked Bryce to give me a blessing the morning of the test and I know that Heavenly Father was helping me remember all of the things I have learned. I have to get a score of 143 to pass and I passed with 179. YAY!!! Passing this test qualifies me for teaching elementary education. I wish I could relax, but I have to take the PraIxis for English Composition, which qualifies me to teach in secondary education, this upcoming Saturday. I'm going to be studying for that test this whole week and hopefully I will pass it. I'm really nervous for this test too. Cross your fingers I pass!
School starts tomorrow for the both of us! This is going to be a crazy semester. Bryce will be taking a full load, working in the lab on his research project, working in the admissions office, and also studying for the MCAT, which he will take in May. I am only taking 6 credits, coaching club volleyball, and am getting ready for this baby girl to come in March. It's going to be a busy, busy semester, but we wouldn't have it any other way. I am so excited for this year and am looking forward to all it has to bring :)
No comments:
Post a Comment