Mimi riding on Grandpa's shoulders and pulling all his hair out
The yummy ice cream cake Carleen made Bryce
A flashlight for the car and a yo-yo (Bryce loves playing with them)
A headset from Aunt Joanne
Then on Monday, Bryce's actual birthday, he had to work all day in Pocy. When he got home that night we had fun with just the three of us. I made Bryce's favorite dinner--meatloaf and baked potatoes (don't ask me why, but he loves it!).
After dinner we went and got Bryce's favorite dessert (chocolate malt) at Dairy Queen in place of a cake, since he had one on Sunday.
She adores her dad if you can't tell
Blowing out the candle and trying to keep it out of Mimi's reach . . . she knows what she likes and she wants some chocolate ice cream!My mom got him a shirt and some ties for him to wear at his upcoming interviews and I got him that awesome baseball cap :)
To end the night I decided we needed to do something different. We have gotten into this routine where we do the same thing almost every weekend. We put Naomi to bed, pop a bag of popcorn and watch a couple episodes of our all-time favorite TV series "24." It seriously is the coolest show EVER!!! But we've gotten in this rut and it's ALL we do. Seriously.
So I tried to get creative and this is what I came up with. After we put Naomi to bed we made a tent in the living room and had a camp out. We made a playlist of our favorite songs that reminded us of each other. Here's two of our favorites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAP9AF6DCu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaRprF-V7gU
Then we made a bucket list of things we want to do individually and together. One of Bryce's is to see galaxies, nebulae, and planets with a big telescope. One of mine (don't make fun) is to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (I know, it's a total long shot, but a girl can dream). And one thing we want to do together is to hike the Grand Teton.
After that we popped a bag of popcorn and turned on a total guy flick . . . one hint, it had Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was such a fun night and I'm glad I got to celebrate my hubby's birthday over a number of days with our family and friends. He's such an incredible husband and father and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. Happy birthday sweetheart!! I love you so much
Britta I absolutely love your little family! You guys are adorable! That's so sweet that you made it such a fun day for Bryce. And Naomi is seriously stinkin' cute! I just want to kiss her! I love you, Brit! I wish we lived close to eachother so we could hang out. A lot!!!
ReplyDeleteAwwww I love the tent idea!!! Cutest thing in the world :) Love my sister you are such a good wife!!
ReplyDelete