Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christmas 2013

We were able to go home for Christmas this year, even though the doctors weren't very pleased with me.  I had an appointment right before I left, and the doctor was not very nice to me.  I go to a clinic so there are 8 different doctors I see.  I had never met with this doctor before, and so I felt like there was no rapport.  Oh well, I made it to Idaho and back without having the baby and all is well. 

But as for the holidays, it was great being home in Idaho with family.  Naomi and I left on December 13th and spent a week there before Bryce came.  The week we got there was insanely busy.  We had something going on every night of the week.  It was fun to be able to watch Braydn and Blake play basketball and listen to Braydn's Christmas choir concert.  Then Bryce drove to Idaho right after his last final on the 20th.  He drove all night and through a bad snow storm. But he finally got to the house at 4 A.M.  Then we were busy having Christmas parties and getting ready for Christmas once Bryce got to Idaho.  We had the Bartschi Christmas party at my mom and dad's house.  Then we spent Christmas Eve at Nanny and Poppy's house and we were able to see the Kunz's.  Then Christmas morning we opened presents with my family.  We were all spoiled rotten and had fun getting presents from Santa.  Then we went and visited the Rhodehouse's and had a delicious dinner with them.  Christmas day went so fast.  It was gone in a blink of an eye.  We had a great day though and are so grateful we were able to be with both of our families.

After Christmas we had a lot of fun playing with our family and friends.  Bryce was able to try out his new racquetball gear he got for Christmas.  He played with Brian, Tyler, and Kace.  We went snow machining and four wheeling out in the snow.  I was able to play a little volleyball with some family and friends.  I was so uncoordinated and huge, but everyone was nice and let me play.  We also went to a lot of movies (Our favorite thing to do)!  One thing that I love about Idaho is that there are cheap theaters!  There aren't any out here by us, or at least there aren't any that I know about.  So it was nice to have a cheap, fun thing to do as a family.  We saw Thor, Christmas Candle, The Saratov Approach, Saving Mr. Banks, and Frozen.  My favorites were Saving Mr. Banks and Frozen.  They were both incredible movies!!  Mimi loved Frozen!  We have listened to the songs from the movie on YouTube a ton of times.  She can't get enough of "Let it Go."  It's her favorite song.  She and Bryce watched it the other night about 12 times. Then we also went ice skating for New Years.  One of the things on Nanny's bucket list is to drive a Zamboni.  So for a Christmas present, Eric and Penny scheduled a day for us to go ice skating up in Victor, and Nanny would be able to drive a Zamboni.  So on New Year's Eve day we all went up to Victor and went ice skating.  It was sooooo much fun.  Every one had a blast.  And I only fell once!!  I was like a big beached whale sliding on my belly across the ice.  It was very graceful.  Then after we skated for awhile, they got out the Zamboni and Nanny drove it around the rink a couple of times.  She was so cute!!  I'm so glad we were able to be there for that.  Afterwards, we went to Eric and Penny's and had delicious dinner.  Then we drove back to St. Anthony in a nasty snow storm.  We spent the rest of the evening welcoming the new year at Rhodehouse's.  We played the game, Sorry, and watched the countdown on T.V.  Here are a lot of pictures from our break.  I tried to take a lot so we could have these great memories because we no longer get to see our families whenever we want.  Looking through them makes me miss our break.  We really had a great time and I'm so grateful we were able to be with our families. 
 These two are kindred spirits.  They have a special bond.  These two ate breakfast together every morning and Brayd let Mimi just tag along and be her mini me all break. 
 She and Blakey cuddling in mom and dad's bed, while watching a movie.

 She got lots of snuggles from everyone!!
 Right after church Mimi and Nanna snuggled up in Poppa's big lazy chair.  It was so sweet!


 Brayd's choir concert was amazing! 
 This is such a funny picture.  Nanny and mom are trying to entertain Mimi with the iPad and Mimi is looking at me skeptically.   

 Mimi sitting with Grandma Bartschi during the Bartschi Christmas party.
Me and my girl cousins.  Love them all so much!


 These two were so cute together.  Rudi is the sweetest girl ever. Such a nice little girl!


 Sledding in Grandma and Grandpa's field



 Eating the yummy sugar cookies we decorated.  She just liked to lick the frosting off the top.
 Mimi playing with all the little girl cousins on Christmas Eve at Nanny and Poppy's

 Mimi had a special spot right by Poppy during the Christmas Eve Program. Lucky girl!

 Christmas morning!!!  Our little girl is full of smiles and excited to see what Santa brought her!



 She got a big girl tricycle!!  And tinker bell bouncy ball

 Nanna and Poppa got her the beautiful doll, Rapunzel

 She also got some nice, black boots!!  She walked around in them so funny at first.  But she can rock them now and looks so cute in them!!

 She got to take a bubble bath in Nanna and Poppa's huge tub after opening presents and had a blast

 Opening presents at Grandma and Grandpa Rhodehouse's



 Rudi and Mimi giving high fives to each other. Adorable!
 She LOVED the firefly grandma and grandpa got her!  She loves to turn it on and see the stars and moon shining on the ceiling.
 Brian and Daddy showing Mimi how to properly use her tea set.
 These two got matching shirts.  How cute :)

 Mimi was resting her arm on Grandma's arm and it was so cute!
 Our cute little cheeser!!
I think I was around 36 weeks along
 Mimi LOVED seeing Poppa's piggys!!  It wasn't just enough to look at them through the fence.  She wanted to actually stand in the pen with them . . . so we let her.





 Warming up from outside in Blake's warm blanket and watching Tinker Bell.
 Snow machining and sledding with Poppa.  So cute!!




 On our way to the Victor Ice Skating Rink on New Year's Eve day.

 About 37 weeks along
 Whit and James imitating Mimi's cry face

Sibling Love!!
Ice skating was a blast!!  We all had so much fun








 Nanny fulfilling one of the things on her bucket list: drive a Zamboni!!

 We celebrated Brian's birthday before we left.  The girls had their own cupcakes and loved it!!  Mimi's favorite part, of course, was the frosting.




 Happy birthday Brian!!!

 This was the sweetest thing to watch.  She just went and snuggled right up next to Uncle James and wrapped her arm around his neck.  So cute!!

 Fun, smiley pictures right before we head back to Iowa.



 We had such a great time in Idaho.  We loved being with our families and couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the holidays. 

We drove back on January 3rd. We left around 5:45 A.M. and got to Iowa at 12:00 A.M.  It was about 17.5 hours.  It actually went really well.  Naomi was great in the car!!  She did throw up with an hour left.  But I would much rather have a little throw up then a toddler that cries all day.  It was such a great trip and I am grateful we were able to spend it with our families.  It felt so good to be home.  We are blessed to have such great families and I am thankful we were able to spend our time in Idaho for the holidays.

Now I am frantically scrambling to get ready for this baby boy to come.  His due date is in 10 days.  It's kind of crazy getting back so close to his due date, but I'm glad because it will help make the time go by faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment