This year Brent and Carleen were able to come out here and celebrate the holidays with us and Blair and Kate. It sure was nice to have some family with us. We had a lot of fun being together. Tuesday during the daytime we went to DMU and showed Brent and Carleen their campus. Tuesday night Bryce, Carleen, and I went to Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It was amazing!! We LOVED it. We cooked all day Wednesday getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Then we had a delicious dinner! It was yummy! Later that night Kate, Carleen, and I went to Wal-Mart and joined in on all that fun. I've never really gone Black Friday shopping, but it was fun to participate this year. Then we came back and the boys went out to Sports Authority to get some more shopping done. On Friday we went to the mall for a couple of hours. I did a little shopping, but mostly just let the kids play in the play place. Then Friday night we celebrated Brent's birthday early. We had delicious left over pie and he opened his present that the whole family put together. Since it is his 60th birthday, each family came up with a list of 15 things we love about him. Then Kate put together a book of 60 things we love about him, along with pictures of everyone. It turned out really cute. It was fun to read through all of them and celebrate such a great man. It was a quick visit, but it was sooo nice to have family out here with us. It was kind of weird not being home for the holidays, but we made the best of it. It will be really fun to be home for Christmas in just a few weeks. Here are pictures from Thanksgiving week. I wish I would have taken more pictures. Now that I have a little 1 1/2 year old to chase around, the last thing on my mind is to take pictures. I need to get a lot better at it so I can capture these memorable moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment