Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Saturday, January 16, 2016

7 Months Pregnant and the Flu

Before I start into this week, I just want to start out by saying, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  I haven't written on our blog for a year, because I tried to do something different in 2015.  I bought a big planner and tried to write a little something every day.  I was proud of myself because I wrote in my planner every single day, except for one month of the year.  I am glad I did that, and it was great to capture little moments from each day.  However, I didn't have a lot of room to write, and so I noticed that a lot of the time when I described things it was short, simple, and not very descriptive.  I used a lot of the same words to describe things.  For example, I would say, "We went to the pumpkin patch and it was really fun. We had a great time!"  I would say that about most things, but I never wrote down all the fun, specific things we did.  So I'm going to start writing in our blog this year and try to capture our life in more detail.  

This last week has been rough for Rex and me.  Rex started throwing up on Tuesday night around midnight and threw up every hour until about 8:00 the next morning.  It was a tough night for him and I felt so bad.  He didn't throw up on Wednesday, but he definitely wasn't feeling well.  He just sat on my lap most of the morning and fell asleep on me.  I laid him down and let him sleep for 4 hours.  After that, he seemed like he was doing much better.

Unfortunately, I got the flu Friday morning.  It was awful!!  I threw up about 10-12 times during the day.  I couldn't keep anything down all day long. Between 3-6 P.M. I was really worried Bryce might need to take me into the E.R.  I wasn't able to keep anything down and I was feeling very dehydrated.  I was extremely light headed and I could tell my health was going downhill.  Bryce had to work late yesterday and didn't get home until 6.  Once he got home though, I was finally able to drink some coke and keep it down for a couple of hours.  I tried to eat some soup and crackers around 10:00.  I kept it down till about midnight, but threw it up.  After that I went to bed, and thankfully didn't throw up in the night.  Today I have been able to keep my food down and haven't thrown up yet!!  All I know is that being 7 months pregnant and having the flu is the worst combination ever!!  It really was the most awful thing I've had to date.  I couldn't eat and keep anything down, but my stomach was in serious turmoil because I was hungry.  By bed time I could tell the baby was just starving, but every time I tried to eat something it came back up.  Ugh it was miserable.

The kids were so good though all day long and I am beyond grateful for them.  I couldn't even move from the couch, unless I was throwing up.  Naomi and Rex were so sweet and just watched movies all day.  Naomi would come up to me and lay her blanket on me and then pat my back.  She would say, "It's okay sweetie!" And then stroke my back and face.  And she is a total sympathy throw-upper.  Once while I was throwing up, she came into the bathroom and threw up a little on the ground because she saw me throwing up.  I wasn't too thrilled about cleaning up her vomit after throwing up myself, but thankfully it wasn't too much. Today the kids have struggled a little more than yesterday.  I think it's because it's the second day in a row now and they are tired of being cooped up in the house.  They aren't listening very well, and are being a little crazy.  But thankfully, Bryce is home and has been able to help out a lot.

I'm already feeling much better, and hopefully will be back to normal tomorrow.  I'm not throwing up, but my body is really weak today.  I can't stand up for very long without feeling lightheaded and weak.  So I've been spending a lot of my time on the couch.  But one good thing about resting so much is that I am taking the time to make my first blog post for this year. As for now, I'm hoping that Naomi and Bryce don't come down with the flu, and we can get past this sickness.  Crossing my fingers!
 This was Rexy snuggling with me on Wednesday morning.

 Later that night (after his 4 hour nap), he was much happier.  I love this cute boy and his sweet smiles.  It melts my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment