Well the tournament I have been waiting for has come and gone. It was a bittersweet game and I am so thankful I was able to participate in this tournament. We played Northern Colorado on Friday and lost to them in 5. Ugh, that has happened to us three times this year! We won the first, lost the second and third, we won the fourth, and they won the fifth 15-11. It was disappointing and heartbreaking to realize this was the last game I would ever compete in at the collegiate level. I shed a few tears . . . especially when I gave my mom and dad hugs. They have travelled along this journey from the very beginning. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be where I am today. Together we have exerienced numberless feelings of heartache, disappointment, tears, frustration, laughs, triumphs, and pure joy and elation for overcoming obstacles and coming out on top whether we won or not. I can't tell you the countless driving trips we took to Idaho Falls for practice each week and then the many vb tournaments we competed in almost every week during the spring. Not only have they dedicated their time to helping me succeed in volleyball, but also lots and lots of dinero. Playing club ball isn't cheap, but they sacrificed and made it work so I could have an opportunity to make my dreams come true. I can't thank my parents enough for all the time and money they gave in order for me to play a sport I am passionate about. I also need to thank my brothers and sisters for coming to my games and tournaments. I know it was boring and they got sick of hanging around a gym all weekend, but thank you!! Having Kade gone this season has been hard because he claimed he liked watching me play, which I totally appreciate because when you are in a gym all weekend just watching vb it can get really boring, and he loved coming to my games to cheer me on. I missed him so much this season and I wish he could have been here, but we are going to have lots of fun cheering on Whit at ISU and Braydie and Blake at South.
I also need to thank my husband who has supported me through this all. I know it hasn't been easy on him having me be gone travelling all the time. I would hate being all alone at our apartment too. He's been such a good sport about it though and has been nothing but supportive and positive about this. He has been the one I have come home to each day after practice to vent to and let out all my frustration or to tell him about our team's successes. I also need to thank Bryce for being willing to come to ISU. I know he wasn't thrilled about the idea at first, but he is so optimistic about life and he has made the best of it. He even likes living here :) We really have loved being here and Pocatello is a great place with a lot of amazing people.
Now I need to express my thanks and gratitude for all my family and friends that have supported me through the years. It means so much to me to have my family and friends there at my games. I love being surrounded by them and just knowing that they love and support me means so much. Nanny and Poppy, Grandma and Grandpa Bartschi, and Brent and Carleen have taken such good care of Bryce and I and have been amazing supporters at my games. After every game a phone call has been made to each of them and they have always been so excited and happy to hear how the games have gone. I also appreicate my aunts, uncles, cousins, and in-laws for coming to my games. I loved looking in the stands and seeing a small crowd of the one's I love the most!
I could go on and on about all the people I love and appreciate, but I'll stop rambling. The game against Northern Colorado I had 14 kills, 5 blocks, and 2 aces. Going into the game I knew it was potentially the last game I would play and so I didn't want to have any regrets. I honestly can say that I did my best and I don't feel bad about the game. I gave it my all and left everything out on that court. After the game I went to dinner with my family and then I had to say goodbye. They left for home the next morning and I stayed in Portland with the team. We shopped most of the day on Saturday and then watched the championship match against Portland and Northern Colorado. Portland won in 5. It was a pretty good game to watch and I'm glad Portland won. After the game they had an awards ceremony where they announced the All-Tournament Team and guess what . . . I made it!! They chose 6 girls from the weekend to make the team. There were 2 girls from Portland, 2 from Colorado, 1 from Montana, and 1 from ISU. It was pretty neat and they gave me a nice looking plaque. I feel very priviledge to have made the team and I'm thankful I was able to play a sport I love for so many years.
After the game we started driving home. We were going to stop in Bakers City, but by the time we were getting there they had already sold our rooms for the night. So our sweet bus driver drove all through the night until we got to Pocy, which wasn't until 11:30 the next morning. I'm soooo glad he drove all night though cuz I didn't want to get into Pocy at 8 Sunday night and then start school Monday morning. It was fun cuz I didn't tell Bryce that we drove all night and I surprised him when he got home from church. Ha ha I didn't mean to, but I kinda scared him. I had erased all my track marks and I had locked the door so he had no idea I was home. He walked inside and tossed the keys on the couch and gave a deep long, sad sigh (prob cuz he knew he'd be home alone all day) and I walked around the corner and totally scared him. ha ha It was really funny and he was soo happy!! I loved it. Sunday was an amazing day!!! We went to the rest home and Bryce administered the sacrament and gave a short talk and then we lounged around all day after that. It was incredible to just relax and be with the one I love.
I started track practice today and it went really well. I think I'm going to be super sore tomorrow though and probs won't be able to walk, but overall it was good. The track kids were soo nice to me, which I was thankful for cuz I was afraid they wouldn't be. We didn't do too much today, just some bounds up the ramp, warm-ups over hurdles, and then a good leg work-out in the weight room. I'm so excited to do track and I hope it goes well. Hopefully I can still run and jump like I used to. We will see though, I'm starting to get old. ha ha well I'm off to bed so I'll talk to ya later. Night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment