Besides Brayd's birthday life has just been filled with school, church, and sports. I have been doing elementary education as my degree, but I was looking at my classes and figured it out so if I go to school for one more semester then I will have a double major in elementary and secondary education. I would be doubling my load to get everything done in one more semester, but I would be able to do it. I think I'm insane, but after praying and fasting about it Bryce and I think that is the best thing for me right now. If I get a double major then I will be able to teach kindergarten through 12th grade!! That would open things up immensely. A big perk for being able to teach k-12 is that I would have a better chance of getting a coaching job. If I want to coach then I will most likely have to be a teacher at the high school. I know in Idaho it's not a big deal if you're a teacher at the school, but in most of the other states they require you to be a teacher in order to coach a sport. So hopefully this will help me out in the long run. I'm super overwhelmed and stressed with this decision, but I know it's the right thing to do and I will be grateful for it in the future. Bryce is still working hard in his classes and doing amazing. I'm so glad I have a smart husband. He took his anat. and phys. test today and aced it . . . literally!! He got 100% on it, and that was without the curve!!! I am so dang proud of him. Good job Bryce!!! I love you.
Bryce got a new calling a couple weeks ago. He was called to be the first counselor in the Elder's Quorum presidency. I think he will do a great job and this is a good calling for him right now. It will give him an opportunity to become more involved with the ward. Hopefully with the new change we will get some home teachers. We have been in this ward for almost a year and our home teachers have come once. And that was when I was gone for a volleyball game, so I don't even know who they are ha ha whoops. I think our ward struggles with that. Bryce said the Elder's Quorum president gave a talk on home teaching this Sunday. But anyways, I'm rambling like always. I will move on to other things.
Track has been going well. I made it into the Indoor Big Sky Conference track meet for high jump this last weekend. I didn't qualify, but I was really close so my coaches put my name in as a wild card and I luckily made it in. I jumped on Saturday and was able to clear 5'2". It wasn't anything great, but it's what I've been jumping pretty consistently all season. It was a fun experience and I'm glad I was able to compete at the Big Sky tourney. My parents were able to make it down for some of it and I'm really glad they were there. It was fun seeing them. Now that indoor is over we have about a month off from track meets and then our outdoor season will start up again in April. I'm glad we have a month off from track meets because this last 1 1/2 months have been crazy with track and club volleyball.
I took our club vb team to Vegas over President's weekend. We didn't do great, 2-8, but it was still fun. It was a mixture of the 18's and 17's team so the girls weren't used to playing with each other. I think the girls still had fun though and it was a great experience for college coaches to see them. It was my first time actually coaching a team and coaching in a game and it was a lot different then I expected. There are sooo many things for me to be thinking and worrying about at the same time. It's overwhelming! Now I know why a coach has at least one or two assistants. It was hard to keep everything straight. And I did mess up a few times with subs, time-outs, and rotations. Ugh! I'm learning. It was a good experience though and I'm glad I was able to see what it's like to coach.
Our trip to Krispy Kreme!!! It was a fun night
haha they crack me up
These two are amazing!!!
It's grass!!!!! Oh I wish spring would come
Besides all of the above I went and got my hair trimmed this weekend. I was debating on chopping my hair off or just trimming it. I didn't have enough guts to chop it off so I kept the length but I got some mega bangs. I found a picture of a hair cut with bangs that I really liked and asked her to do it for me. I've always had bangs, but I feel like I really have bangs now. ha ha No one has noticed though so it must not be that big of a change. It just is for me cuz I have to do it everyday and I'm not used to dealing with so much hair as my bangs. I like it a lot though and it was a good, subtle change for me.
Aaagh bangs galore!
Alright I have rambled on long enough and now I need to do some homework. Oh and by the way, can you believe it's already March!?!! These last two months have flown by and I can't believe it's March. I'm glad it is though because this month is full of fun adventures. Bryce is going to Peru in three weeks!!!! I'm so excited for him. I'm nervous and sad though that he'll be leaving me for 10 days, which will be over our spring break :( Oh well. It's a bummer we won't be together during our week off of school, but this is going to be an awesome trip for him!!! Along with that I am looking forward to spring break and our club vb trip to colorado!! Sooo bring it on March, I'm ready for you :) Alrightey have a good night and I'll talk to you later!
Night
Britta!!!! Love the bangs you look so cute:) I can't wait to see them in person! I miss you a ton!! Thanks again for making me lunch on the way to Boise... you are going to be such a good mommy:) The pictures at your track meet are so cool! I want to watch you sometime :( Just wanted to let you know I love yyou, and yes I still read your blog even though I don't have time to update my own:) Hugs and Kisses!!!
ReplyDeleteDa Whit