Those two are extremely loyal to each other. When arguments arise, no matter how mad they are at each other, they have never spoken ill of each other to us kids. I have really appreciated that and it has shown me how I need to be when we start having kids. No matter the issue it is between husband and wife, not the kids.
They have shown me how important it is to attend the temple once a month. I know that they have become busier and busier as us kids have gotten older, but they still make it a priority to attend. Growing up they would leave us kids at home to baby-sit each other and they would go to the Idaho Falls temple for their date night. They were setting a great example for us, but also giving us kids an opportunity to have quality time together. Those weekend nights alone were so much fun!!! We would watch t.v., eat pizza, and play games till the second we saw the lights and heard the car coming down the road. We would sprint to shut off the lights and climb in bed as fast as we could before mom and dad walked in the door. I'm sure we never fooled my parents as we pretended to be sleeping, while panting because we were out of breath. However, my parents always pretended like they never knew and we thought we were so clever. I have my parents to thank for giving us kids quality time to spend with each other, and that's why my brothers and sisters are my best friends.
My parents have been great examples of being parents. They have supported us kids through everything. I could probably count on my hands the number of games or track meets they missed all through junior high and high school. They are dedicated to us kids 110%. I hope someday Bryce and I can support our kids with as much dedication as my parents have shown.
I am thankful for my parents and all they have taught me over the years. They are incredible parents and I am blessed to have been born into this family. Thanks for all you do for me mom and dad. I love you!!! Happy Anniversary!!
I don't have a picture of my parents when they were first married, but this was 3 years or so after.
All Because Two People Fell in Love . . .
Such great memories!!!
What a good lookin' couple!!


No comments:
Post a Comment