Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Friday, December 16, 2011

We made it!

This semester is finally over!!!
YAAAAYYY
There were times where I
honestly did not think I was going
to survive this semester.
I know I think that every semester;
however, this semester was the hardest
one I have had so far. 
I thought last spring was difficult because
I was so busy juggling 18 credits,
ISU track, and IFJ Club VB. 
And it definitely was hard, but it was
hard because I had so many things going on.
This semester it was just plain hard because
my classes were a lot more demanding.


In my Educ 3309 class I was at ISU in class or in my 5th grade class every day from 8-11. I had a final project due in that class that ended up being 107 pages long! AND I found out a few days ago that I received 100% on it!!!! I was ecstatic.  Gosh, that was such a time consuming assignment and I'm glad I was able to finish it on time and get a good grade :) Then I had a portfolio due in my Educ 3311 class of all the assignments from the semester and I found out today that I received an A on it!!!  As for my two English classes I am not sure how I ended up yet.  I had a final in my English Teaching Methods class that I'm a little worried about. Hopefully I did ok on it and passed with a B or A in the class. Then in my Shakespeare class I had a 12 page paper due on Tuesday. Once again I was thankfully able to finish it on time and turn it in. Now that the semester is over and I actually made it I look back and think, "Aw it wasn't that bad."  However, it really was super hard and I am SOOO glad it's over.  It's such a relief to be done and know I can relax. I'm having a hard time relaxing though and my nerves have been pretty wound up. After being done with school for three days I'm finally starting to calm down so I can enjoy this break. 

Now I have to brag about my brilliant husband (because he won't).  Bryce took Organic Chemistry this semester, which is a very important prerequisite class for medical school.  On his first three tests he did pretty good, but not great for an A.  He got a 91, 92 and an 80.  After those three tests he didn't think he'd be able to pull of an A.  However, he got to work and studied his bum off!!!  We didn't see much of each other this semester.  He was constantly at the library studying with a group of guys or on his own.  Anyways, on his fourth test he received a 98%!!!!  To make it even better, he took his final on Tuesday and he just barely found out that he scored a 101%!!!!!!!  Can you believe that!?!  So, his final grade ended up being a 95%, which was a solid A.  He is so stinkin' smart and we have a loving Heavenly Father who helped him perform so well in this class.  We are thrilled with his grade and I am so proud of my amazing husband.  He works extremely hard and never gives up.  Good job Bryce and I love you so much!! 

So I have a funny and embarrassing story.  First, you must know that I got a $95 ticket at the first of the semester for speeding in a pedestrian zone on a Saturday.  The speed I was going was 35, which was the speed limit that was about 50 feet in front of me.  I could actually see the speed limit sign that said 35 mph right in front of me.  The guy that pulled me over was a complete jerk to me and nailed me.  I was furious to say the least.  Anyways, ever since then I have tried really hard to pay attention to the speed limit.

Well, on Wednesday Whit and I went shopping for Christmas presents in Chubbuck.  On our way back I decided to take the highway to get home.  As I was merging onto I-15 I made sure that I was going 65-68 because I know that police are constantly sitting in the median.  Anyways, I was driving and making sure that I was going the speed limit and right as I am getting to the exit I see a state cop coming up on me.  I couldn't figure out why and so I started slowing down to 55.  He came right up behind me and flipped his lights on.  I pulled over, but since it was right next to the guard rail he spoke to me over his intercom to keep driving until the guard rail ended and then pull over.  At this point I was super embarrassed and flustered.  I pulled back onto the road and had to wind my way all the way off the exit till I could turn off the road.  

Once I was able to pull over he came up and asked if I was in a hurry.  I was honestly shocked and said, "No, why was I speeding?  I thought I was going between 65-70."  In my mind I knew I was going about 68 because I was constantly watching my speedometer.  He then informs me that I was going 82.  My jaw dropped in disbelief!!  He had to have the wrong car.  I know for a fact I was not going over 70.  He could tell that I was completely shocked and I then said, "Are you sure?  I was coming from Chubbuck and I was making sure I was going the speed limit."  He then said "Well, did you even see me?"  Right then I wanted to say "No, because I was watching my stupid speedometer!"  At that point my pregnancy hormones kicked in full board and I started sobbing.  I honestly could not control myself.  I was so embarrassed. I tried to stop crying, while the cop was telling me to calm down and it's ok.  Instead of becoming more calm I starting crying even harder, to the point that I was heaving.  I was so upset because I knew I wasn't speeding and Bryce and I cannot afford to pay for another $100 ticket.  I told the cop I was pregnant and that I'm sorry I couldn't stop crying.  At that point I think he realized that I was a complete mess and he felt really bad.  He then tried to calm me down by saying that he wasn't going to give me a ticket and that he could tell I was not trying to speed and was really trying to drive responsibly.  I kept apologizing because I still could not stop crying.  He was such a sweetheart and said that I didn't need to apologize and that I was just fine. The cop told me that he was going to drive away and I could sit as long as I want till I'm ready to drive again.  He told me to be careful and I just kept apologizing over and over again.  He drove away and I sat there for a few more minutes while Whit tried to calm me down.  I don't know what the deal was but the tears would not stop coming.  I finally gave up on that idea and decided to start driving home anyways.  I ended up crying the whole way home and for another thirty minutes after.  Wow, I couldn't believe it!!  I was a wreck.  I'm so glad that I didn't get a ticket and the guy was so nice to me.   BUT it still makes me mad he said I was going 82.  I know I am known for speeding, but I was positive that I was not going over 70, especially 82!!  Nonetheless, I am very grateful for not receiving a ticket.  So there's my RAGING HORMONE LADY (that's what Bryce likes to call me and it makes me so mad) story for you :)

And guess what??  I am now 27 weeks along.  Only three more months left!!  Hallelujah, cuz I'm not a big fan of being pregnant. But this little girl is going to be worth it :) At least that's what I keep telling myself ha ha Alright, Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment