The day after she was born we came home from the hospital. Before we left the hospital Becky and Michelle came and saw us. They brought cute little Meg, Max, and Logan with them. I wish I would have gotten pictures with them, but it was so nice of them to drive all the way to Pocy to see our little girl. By the way, Michelle is going to have a baby girl in May and I am so excited for her and her family!!
Once we got home my mom was at our apartment to be the nurse for me, Whitney, and Naomi. Whit had just gotten surgery on her pinky, at the exact same time Naomi was born, and so she was laid up in our bed trying to recover. I was pretty sore and tired from giving birth and so my mom took care of Naomi and Whit while I took a long, hot bath. Thank goodness for my mom!!! She's the best.
After we had been home for a couple hours, Nanny and Poppy came to see their great-granddaughter and brought us a bunch of groceries!!! Obviously I hadn't been to the store and so we were running low on groceries, but Nanny and Poppy saved the day. They got us corn dogs, pizza, hot pockets, cheese sticks, ice cream, bread, bananas, and grapes. We are still benefiting from those groceries and it's been almost a month. My grandma was also the biggest life saver ever!! I had been struggling to breastfeed Naomi and it was really frustrating. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to feed her when we got home because at the hospital I had to have help from the nurses every time! Well, before my grandma and mom left for home they helped me feed Naomi. My grandma was so patient the whole time and never gave up trying. She also had some good little tricks to help Naomi stay awake and keep eating. Overall it was a huge success!!! My grandma helped me feel confident in feeding my baby and I was no longer worried I was going to starve my child. And since then we haven't had any problems. Thank you so much Nanny and Poppy for everything you did for us!!
Naomi with her great grandpa aka Poppy
Naomi with her great grandma aka Nanny
Nanny got Naomi to open her eyes so well!!
This is one of my favorite pictures
After Nanny, Poppy, mom, and Whit left then Brent and Carleen came to visit. They brought a pizza for us all to eat for dinner. Plus Carleen brought us delicious homemade potato soup. She also made me a nursing pillow and brought us lots of diapers and wipes!! I've been using the nursing pillow since day one and I can't thank them enough for all they've done for us! Blair, Kate, and Brock came over too and we all had dinner together. It was such a great day to be surrounded by our amazing family!
No comments:
Post a Comment