to the rest of my life!!! It was one of the best days of my life. Bryce came home from his mission two years ago. I can't believe it's already been two years! He came home on a Monday and didn't fly in till about 6:30 that night. I remember he was able to call me at a layover that morning. I didn't know when he would be calling me, so I started my day like usual working out. Little did I know that Bryce would be calling me right when I was running. I was panting, heaving, and trying to catch my breath while answering the phone as quickly as I could. ha ha I remember the phone call was really awkard. I was trying to not to breath heavy and at the same time trying to think what to say. We both were kind of speechless.
I tried to be patient the rest of the day but I wasn't very good at it. I was texting Brian and Christa all day. I wanted to know when he landed and when they were coming home and all that stuff. Ha ha Brian and Christa were good at keeping me updated. I got a text from Christa saying he landed and I couldn't believe it. Butterflies were chaotically swarming in my stomach and I could not calm myself down. When Bryce and his family made it safely home he called and invited me over for dinner. I didn't want to intrude, but I was soooo happy he invited me over. I remember I wore a green shirt with a cute little bow on it. I also did my hair curly because when we were dating before his mission that was his favorite hairstyle of mine. ha ha I know it sounds like dumb little things, but I wanted to look pretty when he saw me :) It had been two years!! Anyways, so I quickly drove over to his house. I told Bryce to meet me outside when I got there cuz I didn't necessarily want to see him for the first time while everyone was watching. ha I was so self conscious. I pulled down his driveway and became even more nervous, but calm at the same time. I pulled up, turned off my car and slowly walked to the door, hoping Bryce would hurry outside. Before I knew it the door swung open and out walked the man of my dreams. I couldn't believe he was actually home. When he left I never thought the day would come. He stepped towards me and gave me a big hug. Then before I knew it he had given me a kiss!! Before I had come over to the house my mom, sisters, and I made a bet on if he would kiss me. They all said yes and I said no (I didn't want to get my hopes up). Luckily my momma and sisters were right!! ha I got all giddy inside and was on cloud nine! After that we went inside and had a nice dinner with his family.
Although we had an amazing reuniting moment, it didn't last long. haha We had lots of obstacles to overcome . . . and lots of that would be due to my actions that occured over the two years. Ugh do I really need to go there!? I'd like to pretend none of that happened . . . anyways, the first week he was home was good but challenging. In fact I would never want to replay that first week again. But thankfully we made it through that first week. The Sunday after he came home, his homecoming, was the turning point in our relationship. I feel like up to that we weren't quite sure what we wanted and if we were able to overcome some things. But Sunday was a big day for us and that's basically when we decided that we wanted to be together and we were going to make things work. After that everything was history. We went ring shopping two weeks later. I found two of my favorite rings and he made the final decision. Then a week later we were engaged on February 14th, Valentines Day. Another best day of my life! Four and half LONG months later we were married on July 2, 2009. Best day ever!! We have been happily married since and I couldn't have asked for a better husband and friend. He is my sweetheart and I am soo extremely thankful that we chose to make our relationship forever. I love you Bryce!!!
This was taken right before I went to see Bryce for the first time in 2 longs years!
My 20th birthday
Right after Bryce proposed to me . . . nothing but smiles :)
Bad picture, but my beautiful ring
We're getting married!!!
It's official :)


No comments:
Post a Comment