Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Friday, May 13, 2011

Quit, Quite, Quiet

I'm slowly turning into my mom. Who would ever really notice the difference between quit, quite, and quiet, right? Okay maybe you would. However, my mom would immediately notice if it was used incorrectly!!  

Growing up she was constantly correcting my papers and what I was saying. I have never been great at English and I have always struggled in that subject. Since it is a weakness of mine I decided it would be good for me to get my degree in English so I can become better at it. It is definitely challenging and I am not the best writer, but I have improved.  I still make many many mistakes but over the years I have learned to love English and I enjoy writing. 
There's only one downside. I notice grammar mistakes.  

It's annoying.

On my blog I don't worry about correct grammar so please don't critique mine.  
But yesterday I was on Facebook and someone had written on their status that they were glad to finally have some peace and quite (instead of quiet).  The funny thing is that this person wrote the word quite in their status instead of quiet 3 times. Each time I was cringing in my seat. Ha ha it's an honest mistake and I probably would have never even noticed.  

Then at dinner Bryce was saying "when" except it sounded like "win." I corrected him.  I was informing him that he was saying "when" like "win" and that is incorrect. (Bryce is allowed to slap me right about now.  Who cares if he is saying it wrong or right)

 Oh my gosh I'm turning into my mom!!  Well at least I am learning how to speak and write grammatically correct, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment