I was wishing by now (or at least by tomorrow) we would have our little girl in our arms . . . but it seems she is quite content staying inside of me. My due date is tomorrow and from my doctors visit today there are no signs of her coming. I have been dilated to 1 cm for three weeks now and there has been no progress. I was supposed to be induced tonight, but it has been pushed back to next Tuesday night. I would like to give her a few more days to decide if she wants to come before forcing her out.
Since I am going over my due date, the doctor wants to run tests on her and make sure she's doing okay. On Friday I will be hooked to a monitor for about 30 minutes so they can check the stress level and activity level of the baby. Then Monday I will go in and have an ultrasound where they will check the blood flow of the baby and make sure she's doing alright. If I haven't had her by Tuesday then I will go in that night around 6 to be induced.
I have been reluctant to be induced because I think that when she's ready to come she will. However, the doctor is worried that she will not be getting the nutrients she needs if I go more than a week past my due date. Since the health of our baby is the most important thing then it looks like I will probably be getting induced. I wish she would come on her own within the week, but it doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon. I have felt a few contractions since Sunday, but nothing consistent. I want her to come soooo bad right now, but it seems like I am learning (and always will be) the lesson of patience. It's not my greatest attribute. In fact, I downright stink at it . . . but I'm learning. Once she comes it will be more rewarding than I can imagine. Until that day comes, I just keep dreaming of when I can hold her in my arms and give her lots of hugs and kisses xoxoxo . . . . YAAAY I CAN'T WAIT!!
I am so excited for you! I hope she comes soon!
ReplyDeleteSomeone I know that just had a baby said that she went in one day and the doctor said there is no way she would be having her baby anytime soon, and that night, she started having consistent contractions and she didn't go in because she was thinking about what her doctor told her, but then they decided to go in and see and she ended up having her baby that night!! So you could be like that! :) haha.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the news that she is here!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! And no matter what a dr says its their best judgement :). Only baby girl can decide when she will come! Who knows maybe your due date was off a week or two anyways. I've had several friends that went one week past due date and some were induced some went on their own. Just try most of the tricks in the book to get her here (walk, do stairs, sex, etc) and maybe it'll make a difference :). Let me know when she gets here! So excited for you guys!!!
ReplyDelete