Naomi LaNeal Rhodehouse
Born Tuesday, March 20, 2012
at 11:55 A.M.
6 pounds and 13 ounces
19 inches long
Our little Naomi came into our lives on Tuesday and life has been amazing ever since. She is such a sweet baby and I cannot get enough of her.
Her delivery went better than expected. On Monday morning I went in for my doctor's appointment and found out I was still only dilated to 1 cm. At that point we both agreed being induced was the best option. I was scheduled for Tuesday night but I asked if there was anyway I could go in on Monday night. Luckily he said there was an opening for an induction. So Monday night we got to the hospital at 11 and things started happening at midnight. At midnight, three, and six they gave me a little pill. It definitely helped my cervix thin but I was staying at 1cm the whole time.
At 9:00 Tuesday morning the doctor came in and checked me. I was dilated to 2 cm. At that point they gave me Pitocin and broke my water and that was the point I decided to get an epidural. At 11:15 my nurse, Tammy, checked me and I was dilated to 8 cm. By the way, she was the best nurse I could have asked for!! She was such a sweetheart and really made the experience enjoyable. After she checked me we all started guessing what time she would be born and how much she would weigh. All of our guesses were between 2-3 P.M. and 7-8 pounds. We were way wrong! Tammy left to get a catheter because she said the baby would come faster if my bladder was empty. By the time Tammy got back at 11:30 I was dilated to 10 cm and the baby was crowning. There was no need for a catheter. She had me push a couple of times and decided to call the doctor. It was time!!
I quickly called my mom, who was in the hospital with Whit for surgery on her broken pinky, and told her to get up to our room as fast as she could. My mom and the doctor walked into the room within a minute of each other and then it was time to get down to business. I only pushed for about 15 minutes until our little Naomi entered the world at 11:55 A.M. They wiped her off and placed her in my arms. All I could do was cry and stare in amazement at our beautiful girl. They weighed and measured her after this and then I got to just hold her as long as I wanted. The nurses let us keep her with us all day. We finally took her to the nursery to get bathed around 5:30 that night, but it was so nice to have her with us all day.
We were able to come home from the hospital Wednesday afternoon. It was nice to get home and be with our baby. Ever since then life has been great. The last two nights have been a little rough but we are doing well and there's nothing I can complain about. I am so grateful for this little miracle that has come into our lives. Being a mother is better than I ever expected. I have never felt such joy and love like this before. All I can say is we are so blessed. Life has never been better!
Proud Daddy
Getting to hold her again after they weighed and measured her
Our little family
Auntie Braydn
Dad checking on our little girl before they moved us out of the delivery room
Grandpa and Uncle Blake with Naomi
My wonderful parents
All the girls
First outfit she wore home.
Grammy (my mom) got her the cute little outfit.
I made the headband and flower.
It's a little big for our Mimi right now, but I still think it's cute.
Our perfect little angel
Love you! Love Naomi! Congratulations and I am proud of you and Bryce!
ReplyDeleteOh Britta and Bryce - What a cute little family you are. What a sweet baby, Naomi! So glad you put pictures up so I could see her! We love ya all - Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteMax and Marinda
Yay! Congrats Britta & Bryce! I'm so glad everything went well for you during the delivery. She's so precious! Can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful! So happy for you both! Love you girl!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lucky little girl she is to have such wonderful Mommy and Daddy! So happy for you!
ReplyDelete