Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What the What?!

I never thought I'd say this in a million years, but guess what???  I know how to crochet!!!!  My Grandma Bartschi has tried to teach me before, but I have been a hopeless cause.  She makes it look effortless and she is extremely talented.  In fact, she crocheted a gorgeous baby blessing dress and blanket for our little girl to be blessed in.  I am sooooo excited for her to wear it.  It seriously is the most stunning dress.  I am in awe at my grandma's talent.  So now that I have bragged about my grandma, let me forewarn you that I am nothing in comparison to her.  However, I did learn how to crochet and I am super addicted to it.  My cousin, Shelby, taught me how to crochet last week and ever since then I haven't been able to stop.  After Shelby taught me the basics I looked up videos on youtube that taught me how to make little headbands and flowers.  On our way to Colorado I made six headbands.  Then yesterday and today I have been learning how to make flowers to put on the headbands.  I am not great at it, but here is what I have come up with so far.



After making this I am beyond excited for our little girl to come.  Doing stuff like this is just making me even more anxious for her to come.  I can't wait!!!  I also made her a pair of shoes.  They are more for decoration because they aren't really shoes, but they are super cute.  They won't look like shoes in just the picture so I'll post a picture of the ones I made and then a pair that are on a baby so you can see what it's supposed to look like.  I found the idea on pinterest and just followed the directions.  They were really easy to make and it was lots of fun.  Hopefully I'll have some time to make a pair of purple shoes for her too.


Pretty adorable, huh?!  I hope they fit her because I think they are so cute.  Well, I'm getting down to the wire.  I only have 7 seven days till my due date. I went to the doctor today and was still only dilated to a 1 . . . Bummer.  So we have me scheduled to be induced next Wednesday night if I don't have the baby before then.  I can't believe it, but there are only 7 days max until we meet our little girl.  YAAAY!!! 

Let the countdown begin . . . . I can't wait to meet you baby girl   xoxoxo mommy and daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment