Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Thursday, July 14, 2011

2nd Anniversary: Part One

Our anniversary was a blast.  We started the day off by going through a session at the Salt Lake Temple.  It was my first time being through this temple and I was so excited.  It was magnificent inside.  Truly breathtaking. I now understand why it took the pioneers 40 years to build.  Not only is it beautiful on the outside, but gorgeous on the inside. I was amazed with all of the intricate detail put into everything.  It was also really neat because this was the first time I have been through a live session.  I loved it!  After the session we took pictures outside of the temple.  I wanted to get closer to the temple but there were lots of weddings going on and pictures were being taken constantly.  It was beautiful though and a great way to start our day.

 On our way to the temple

 Inside the old general conference building. 
I can't believe how much smaller this is then the new one!
 Inside the Temple Square North Visitor's Center







 We went to the top of the Joseph Smith building.  
It was a beautiful view of the temple.


After taking pictures we were hot, hot, hot, and hungry!!  So we went to Macaroni Grill.  This was fun because after we got back from our honeymoon we ate at this restaurant before I sent Bryce back to Iowa.  This meal was much better because I knew I wouldn't have to be saying goodbye to my hubby :)



We visited the Museum of Church History and Art after eating.  It was really neat inside and we enjoyed seeing everything.

 There were lots of beautiful handmade quilts.  
This was my favorite because it had my favorite color . . .  Purple!!




We had about 45 minutes till we needed to head to Provo for The Stadium of Fire so we went to the mall for a bit.  Bryce spotted a store with space and science stuff.  We were a little disappointed because we thought it would be like a mini-museum kind of thing but it was actually a theater to watch movies with only a few things to look at.  But here is what we found.

 Bryce enjoyed spinning the penny on this thing.

Bryce's dream is to have a nice telescope.  
When we actually have some money some day
 Bryce's hobby is going to be collecting telescopes.

We headed to Provo and got ready for The Stadium of Fire. On our way over there we had to get the delicious Iceberg milkshakes!!  I got an Oreo milkshake and Bryce got pure chocolate.  They were delish!!  We were able to see our new nephew, Brock, and Bryce's family for a few minutes before the concert. He is adorable!! I can't wait to share some pictures of him.

We drove over to the BYU football stadium for the concert and got there right on time.  The concert was amazing!!!  It was the perfect way to end our anniversary :)  We had a blast. I'll make a separate post for the Stadium of Fire since I have already put a ton on right now!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment