Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Gratitude Day 16: Family close by

Today I am grateful that we have family close by.  It's been really hard for me being away from my family.  I miss them like crazy.  It's not just that I miss my family, but I miss the feeling I get when I'm with them.  When I'm with them I can be myself.  It's comfortable and normal.  I don't feel awkward or like I'm a misfit.  Being so far away from home is definitely making me step outside my comfort zone.  It's good because it forces me to make new friends and leave my tiny shell.  However, it has been sooooo nice having Blair and Katelyn by us.  Even though I am working on being more social and outgoing, it is nice to have family I can turn to out here in Iowa.  Today we met Kate and Brock at our complex's park.  We were able to just talk about all kinds of things.  And it felt so normal, natural, and comfortable.  I felt like I could be my complete self.  And sometimes that is really hard for me to do.  I am so grateful we have family that I can turn to out here.  There is a reason why we came out to Des Moines for medical school, and I am seeing it more and more each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment