Rambunctious Rhodehouses
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Gratitude Day 7: Food Stamps
Today I am grateful for food stamps. I know that some people are pretty judgmental when it comes to food stamps and they aren't afraid to voice their opinions on facebook. I'm not a big fan of confrontation, so I don't ever say anything. But in our situation, we need food stamps! Last month I wasn't as careful with our money as I should have been. I'm going to blame it on all the Halloween stuff we did. Candy is expensive! Plus, we went to a few Halloween parties and brought food. So we ran out of money before the month was over. We are on a pretty tight budget, so for the last 2 weeks the only things I have bought are milk, eggs, and bread. Thankfully, we had enough food to get us through the month, but things were starting to look pretty bare. We've eaten more tuna fish in the last week than I would care for. Which reminds me, I'm not supposed to eat a lot of tuna since I'm pregnant. Well, thank goodness we got more money for the month of November! Our money isn't renewed until the 7th of each month. So today we made a trip to the grocery store . . . Hallelujah!! I am so grateful to have fresh fruits and vegetables in our fridge. I never thought I would be so happy to eat carrots and salad with our dinner tonight. Honestly, I hate salad!! it's not my favorite. But it did feel nice to eat some fresh veggies . . . even if it was covered in ranch :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hahaha I hate salad too!!!!
ReplyDelete