Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Rambunctious Rhodehouses

Monday, November 4, 2013

Gratitude Day 4: Technology

Today I am grateful for technology that allows us to stay connected to loved ones.  Tonight Naomi and I were able to talk to my parents and Blakey on Skype.  I hate being so far away from home.  But I am grateful that we can still stay connected by seeing each other when we talk.  I love it and I hate it.  I love seeing Naomi get really excited and hyper when she sees my parents.  She starts jumping up and down and running around the room like a crazy lady.  But I hate it because once she has calmed down she  tries to give them kisses and reaches her arms out to my mom for a hug.  It breaks my heart that she hits a hard screen for a kiss instead of Nanna's soft skin.  Technology can only do so much, and it's just not the same as being together in person.  Even though it's not the same, I am still grateful, nonetheless, that we can see each other when we talk.  It makes a huge difference for Naomi to speak and interact with them instead of just seeing pictures of family members.  I am grateful that we live in a world where it is so easy to stay connected to those we love.

1 comment:

  1. I would bet your mom is feeling the same way as Mimi! It has been so awesome to watch my best friend become the best grandma!!! Mimi and her almost-here-brother are the luckiest kids ever!

    ReplyDelete